Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Wasatch High - 10/18/11











What is competing with school lunch at Wasatch High?

In high school I would have taken the $2 I got lunch that day for a nice hot lunch and bought my favorite pink cookie and some chips! It's right there calling my name! Beside vending machines the school store sells candy and chips at a discounted price. I know, these kids are old enough to make their own choices right?

Weston's lunch today consisted of french toast sticks, a roll (?), syrup, hash brown triangles, mixed veggies, shredded lettuce, orange, cake, water, and juice. He has been taking one of everything that is offered for the sake of this blog. His friends had to help him finish it all. Some kids (like me when I was a kid) have a hard time with portion control. Way too many calories in this meal for an average teenage kid.
He was lucky enough to get a picture of his friend's lunch too. So what, why should we care about this? At least they have something to fill their hungry bellies. You would be surprised how directly related diet and academic achievement really are:

No comments:

Post a Comment